X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fulgene View Post
    Hi B2B, Reiji,
    I get the mapsource working already.. i tried to play around the registry (which i know i should not play with it ... i simply opened registry then import the registry files for philroute and mainroad.. i can now see the main road map and and the 1.07 basic map..

My last question will then be, how do i load the map to the gpsr via the SD card only?.. this way, i dont have to bring my laptop just to load via USB.
    is there any way that you can borrow a garmin gps from one of your neighbors there? send the basic map to the gps and then copy to your sd card the gmapsupp file inside the garmin folder. this is the simplest way to do it. there are more complicated ways to generate the gmapsupp file and it will be easier to just bring your laptop to the store.
    Last edited by pokz; 09-03-2010, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      is there any way that you can borrow a garmin gps from one of your neighbors there? send the basic map to the gps and then copy to your sd card the gmapsupp file inside the garmin folder. this is the simplest way to do it. there are more complicated ways to generate the gmapsupp file and it will be easier to just bring your laptop to the store.
      Thanks a lot Pokz... wow, i love this forum.. so many experts willing to help.. Ok, Im decided to bring my laptop to the Store and try it out there then.

Last question (so many lasts), once i link via USB, i just need to "send to device", right? What are the indications that the gps was able to successfully load the map (even if i dont have to be physically in the Phils) ?

Comment

Thanks a lot Pokz... wow, i love this forum.. so many experts willing to help.. Ok, Im decided to bring my laptop to the Store and try it out there then.

Last question (so many lasts), once i link via USB, i just need to "send to device", right? What are the indications that the gps was able to successfully load the map (even if i dont have to be physically in the Phils) ?
        for one, mapsource should tell you that data was successfully transferred.

in tools>settings>map>map info, roadguide.ph mapsets should appear on the list along with the US map (city navigator north america).

but to be really sure, ask the store to activate gps simulation mode (tools>settings>system>gps simulator>on) then view the map. browse the map (drag with your fingers) until you find the philippines. at lower zoom levels (you can see the whole phils), you should see square outlines on top of the phil map. that's a good sign that the map was successfully installed. then zoom in until you see the detailed street maps. hth.

Comment

for one, mapsource should tell you that data was successfully transferred.

in tools>settings>map>map info, roadguide.ph mapsets should appear on the list along with the US map (city navigator north america).

but to be really sure, ask the store to activate gps simulation mode (tools>settings>system>gps simulator>on) then view the map. browse the map (drag with your fingers) until you find the philippines. at lower zoom levels (you can see the whole phils), you should see square outlines on top of the phil map. that's a good sign that the map was successfully installed. then zoom in until you see the detailed street maps. hth.
          Thanks a million.. Im confident to go to the Store! I will just get back to you once there are concerns.. Im for Nuvi 205W, sale is only $70 which i think is a very good price..

Nuvi 250W is around $100.

Comment

Thanks a million.. Im confident to go to the Store! I will just get back to you once there are concerns.. Im for Nuvi 205W, sale is only $70 which i think is a very good price..

Nuvi 250W is around $100.
            very good price indeed. good luck on your purchase.

Comment

@Fulgene,

Sorry, I was on the verge of consciousness and unconsciousness back then just for the record:

"yes, yes and no in the same order. " meant:

Originally posted by Fulgene
              ...Will this maps posted here work for this model?
              yes
              ...will this easily allow me to load maps to this model..
              yes
              ...will this require me workaround secrets somehow?
              no
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
                @Fulgene,

Sorry, I was on the verge of consciousness and unconsciousness back then just for the record:

"yes, yes and no in the same order. " meant:

yes
                yes no
                POKZ, B2B, Reiji,
                Help Help Help... I tried loading the RG 1.14 demo map to the Nuvi 255W via USB and it said the sending was successful.. problem is when i opened the Nuvi, it said "CANT UNLOCK MAP".. then when i go to map info, it only shows US there. Is it because Im using MapSource6157 ? (i used 6157 because i have error on installing the 6137 prompting me this is not a valid win32 application)...

Should I still purchase it and will still try to play around with it ? then if worse goes to worst, i will just bring it to somebody there in Manila who can twick things out...?

Comment

By the way, i tried to check back the MapSource 6137 file, it is only 307kb size against 6157 file which is 59MB, am i downloading the correct 6137? do you have better link i can download?

Comment

POKZ, B2B, Reiji,
                    Help Help Help... I tried loading the RG 1.14 demo map to the Nuvi 255W via USB and it said the sending was successful.. problem is when i opened the Nuvi, it said "CANT UNLOCK MAP".. then when i go to map info, it only shows US there. Is it because Im using MapSource6157 ? (i used 6157 because i have error on installing the 6137 prompting me this is not a valid win32 application)...

Should I still purchase it and will still try to play around with it ? then if worse goes to worst, i will just bring it to somebody there in Manila who can twick things out...?
                    the demo map can't be loaded in your gps. it's for pc viewing only. send the 1.07 basic map and all will be fine.

carefully read what is written here....http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
                    Last edited by pokz; 09-04-2010, 11:05.

Comment

the demo map can't be loaded in your gps. it's for pc viewing only. send the 1.07 basic map and all will be fine.

carefully read what is written here....http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
                      Hi POKz,
                      Do you think the map is compatible for TOMTOM and MAGELLAN gps units?
                      If yes, I will use the same procedure right?

Comment

Hi B2B, Reiji, Pokz,
                        Lastly, the 1.07 basic map works for Garmin Nuvi 1200 also right?
                        I'd like to buy another one tomorrow.. it is only $116 since labor day sale.

Comment

Hi B2B, Reiji, Pokz,
                          Sorry for the bits and pieces of questions... i was able to send the map data to the SD card. however, during the sending prompt, it only allowed me to "check" the maps but not for routes, waypoints, and tracks.

What does this mean? Will this mean I cant see the waypoints, etc. in my Nuvi unit?
                          Why didnt it allow me to click the routes, waypoints and tracks?

Comment

Sorry, i hope you dont get bored guys...

If I use Garmin Nuvi 1200 in Manila with the 1.07 map loaded, does the unit really speaks the streetnames, and really guide to turn here, turn there..?

Also, does it recalculate if ever you missed the suggested turn?

Im just comparing it to the full functionality of Garmin being enjoyed here in the States.

What functions/features will not be working when in Manila (aside from the not so complete data yet) ? This way, i wont be fully expecting.. i may just be frustrated if i expect too much.

Hope you dont get tired.. pls..

Comment

If I use Garmin Nuvi 1200 in Manila with the 1.07 map loaded, does the unit really speaks the streetnames, and really guide to turn here, turn there..?

Im just comparing it to the full functionality of Garmin being enjoyed here in the States.

What functions/features will not be working when in Manila (aside from the not so complete data yet) ? This way, i wont be fully expecting.. i may just be frustrated if i expect too much.

yes it will speak street names and everything you mention there.
                              look at it specs here http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi POKz,
                                Do you think the map is compatible for TOMTOM and MAGELLAN gps units?
                                If yes, I will use the same procedure right?
                                no. it is not compatible with magellan and tomtom units.

Hi B2B, Reiji, Pokz,
                                Lastly, the 1.07 basic map works for Garmin Nuvi 1200 also right?
                                I'd like to buy another one tomorrow.. it is only $116 since labor day sale.
                                yes.

Hi B2B, Reiji, Pokz,
                                Sorry for the bits and pieces of questions... i was able to send the map data to the SD card. however, during the sending prompt, it only allowed me to "check" the maps but not for routes, waypoints, and tracks.

What does this mean? Will this mean I cant see the waypoints, etc. in my Nuvi unit?
                                Why didnt it allow me to click the routes, waypoints and tracks?
                                what you sent was the whole map, with waypoints and tracks included. try to browse the map and you will see that the waypoints are there, among other things that can be found in the map.

you will only able to tick the other categories in mapsource if you have some personal tracks and waypoints and routes that you want to include.

it will speak street names provided you activate the tts function of your nuvi. it will also recalculate a new route if you miss a turn.

all of the 1200 features you can use here except for the fm traffic report.

Comment

Working...
                                X