Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Im having problems running the philippine map on my symbian mobile using the Garmin mobile XT. Its running fine on mapsource but when I tranfer it to my mobile it doesnt seem to recognize the map. Any helpwould be appreciated. Im new to this GPS thing so Im not sure if I need to activate my device to recognize the map. Thanks

Comment

are we talking about the demo map or the standard map?
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

I installed the standard map (jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe). Should it comeout automatically once installed? Tried to installit twice, still not working, weird.

Comment

Thanks, I successfully loaded the basic map to my nuvi 3790. This website is great!

Comment

@pEKekek - how did you transfer it? were there any error messages in mapsource during your transfer?

i think the others would appreciate it if you could really put more detail on your predicament. I for one am confused, previously you mentioned the basic map works in your mapsource. now you say you installed it twice already and that something (you referred to it as "it") is not working.
            ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 205W

Hi guys,
              Im planning to buy Garmin Nuvi 205W here in the States but will be using this in Manila. Will this maps posted here work for this model? Also, will this easily allow me to load maps to this model.. or will this require me workaround secrets somehow?

thanks a lot for the support guys.. im a newbie on gpsr

Comment

yes, yes and no in the same order.

welcome to RG

Comment

Thanks to this thread, had to re orient myself again. New os, win 7 64bit. haha Feels like im a newbie again. Just about to load the latest map via mapsource. Fresh install 6.15.7
                  The latest one wont work with our rg contri map right? Why is it incompatible?

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
                    yes, yes and no in the same order.

welcome to RG
                    Thanks a lot B2Bomber.. Im a little confused with your "yes, yes and no in same order"..
                    I will go to Frys tomorrow along with the map on SD card and will try to load it there first before I even pay for it. What should I be sensitive about ensuring that it works fine or not ? Shall I see Philippine map there outright? or at least has to see something that it was loaded successfully.. how should I know?

Thanks again in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulgene View Post
                      Hi guys,
                      Im planning to buy Garmin Nuvi 205W here in the States but will be using this in Manila. Will this maps posted here work for this model? Also, will this easily allow me to load maps to this model.. or will this require me workaround secrets somehow?

thanks a lot for the support guys.. im a newbie on gpsr

piece of advise though...

if money permits... get the nuvi model that has tts (can speak street names) to fully enjoy the RG map.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                        piece of advise though...

if money permits... get the nuvi model that has tts (can speak street names) to fully enjoy the RG map.
                        Oh, ok i will keep that in mind.. i hope i find cheaper one this Sat (Labor Day Sale in US)

By the way, I already installed in my pc following these steps:
                        its easy download these files, save first then run in order:
                        training center

then when i installed "MapSource_6137.exe", it prompted an error saying this is not a valid Win32 application. however, i can install the "MapSource_6157.exe" without error.

then when i install "jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe", it extracts the .img files and other files in folder c:\jklinc but then it suddenly prompts "the filename, folder name or volume label syntax is incorrect".

any idea?

if you can provide me steps on how i can put the map data onto the SD card so i can bring and try in store first, i will appreciate it a lot.. i really want to test in the store first before i have to pay.

thanks so much!

Comment

Thanks a lot B2Bomber.. Im a little confused with your "yes, yes and no in same order"..
                          I will go to Frys tomorrow along with the map on SD card and will try to load it there first before I even pay for it. What should I be sensitive about ensuring that it works fine or not ? Shall I see Philippine map there outright? or at least has to see something that it was loaded successfully.. how should I know?

Thanks again in advance.
                          gps unit works on signal with satellite.
                          if you are in u.s, you would see your location in u.s map.
                          loading a philippine map which is on a different location, you wont be able to see it at first, you have to be in philippines so satellite can pick up your location and show it with phil map.
                          you can use gps simulator though but you have to look for phil map manually (read: zoom out, pan, pan, pan across vast pacific ocean).
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Oh, ok i will keep that in mind.. i hope i find cheaper one this Sat (Labor Day Sale in US)

By the way, I already installed in my pc following these steps:
                            its easy download these files, save first then run in order:
                            training center

then when i installed "MapSource_6137.exe", it prompted an error saying this is not a valid Win32 application. however, i can install the "MapSource_6157.exe" without error.

then when i install "jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe", it extracts the .img files and other files in folder c:\jklinc but then it suddenly prompts "the filename, folder name or volume label syntax is incorrect".

any idea?

if you can provide me steps on how i can put the map data onto the SD card so i can bring and try in store first, i will appreciate it a lot.. i really want to test in the store first before i have to pay.

thanks so much!
                            stick with mapsource 6157.
                            as for installing basic map, it will have to tinker with your registry, so you should have admin access and make sure firewall or antivirus will be disable temporarily.
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                              gps unit works on signal with satellite.
                              if you are in u.s, you would see your location in u.s map.
                              loading a philippine map which is on a different location, you wont be able to see it at first, you have to be in philippines so satellite can pick up your location and show it with phil map.
                              you can use gps simulator though but you have to look for phil map manually (read: zoom out, pan, pan, pan across vast pacific ocean).
                              Hi B2B and Reiji, thanks a lot for following through with my posts. I appreciate it a lot. I know you are the experts, can you spare time to send me the file i can save in my SD card so I can try loading in the Store tomorrow. This way I dont have to go through the steps of installing with mapsource, etc.. I hope you dont mind me asking this.

Also, What are the indications that the unit was able or not able to load the map data successfully? At least there should be some indications like errors somehow right?

Comment

Hi B2B, Reiji,
                                I get the mapsource working already.. i tried to play around the registry (which i know i should not play with it ... i simply opened registry then import the registry files for philroute and mainroad.. i can now see the main road map and and the 1.07 basic map..

My last question will then be, how do i load the map to the gpsr via the SD card only?.. this way, i dont have to bring my laptop just to load via USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X