This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leinilyu View Post
    hello guys, uhm.... my unit is a kenwood 6140 with built in garmin. how do I load this map since it's not portable?

thanks in advance
    Sorry, this took a while... go to the appendix section of your Kenwood DNX6140 GPS Navigation Instruction Manual.

HTH
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Hi Guys, newbie here....

so far i have downloaded & install the ff on my PC:
      Training center
      mapsource version 6.15.7
      and also roadguide.ph demo map

i have-Garmin Nuvi 1350 and I wanna know if the philippine map will work on it? also i wanna contribute but i dont know how?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk79ers View Post
        i have-Garmin Nuvi 1350 and I wanna know if the philippine map will work on it? also i wanna contribute but i dont know how?
        yup, you should be able to use the roadguide ph map on your unit. the basic map can be downloaded from this thread and you can use mapsource to upload it into your device.

try to read the sticky threads found in the how to sub-forum. you should be able to find most of the basic info's and answers to some common newbie questions there.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

HELP on Mapsource reload

My laptop had the Windows XP OS reloaded due to virus infection. Thus everything including the Mapsource needs to be reinstalled fr scratch. I started with the Training Center download and when I ran it it came back with the error "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect". I tried redownloading and reinstalling the application but never got anywhere. Pls can anyone help me how to get this resolved so I can proceed with the Mapsource download? TIA

Comment

here's a trick on how to install mapsource without needing to install training center.

you can do either the...
            *quick and easy method

or...
            *long and manual method
            -rename the file extension of the mapsource installer from exe to zip (or 7z)

** for those who are having a hard time changing the file extension, do this steps
            1) run windows explorer (or open my computer) and navigate to the folder where the mapsource installer is located
            *for vista or newer OS' (win7, etc.)
            2.a) click on organize->folder and search options, click on the view tab
            *for winxp
            2.b) click on tools->folder options, click on the view tab
            3) under advanced settings, look for 'hide extensions for know file types' and un-select that option then press ok

-open the mapsource installer zip (or 7z) file and extract everything to a temporary subdirectory
            -find main.msi or msmain.msi and run/double-click on it
            -once it has finished installing, check if mapsource runs properly
            -if mapsource doesn't run properly, look for setup.exe and run it
            -let it finish the installation and you should have a fully functional mapsource
            Last edited by legtu; 01-17-2013, 13:42. Reason: steps revised (added more details)

Comment

HELP on Mapsource reload

Hello legtu. Are you referring to mapsource upgrade version 6.13.7? I tried renaming the extension of that fr exe to zip and when I clicked on it to extract it ran but then it came back with an error that a ' previous version of mapsource can't be found'. I guess that is what the Training Center loads. Pls advise if that is the wrong mapsource installer file you are referring to or where I may have gone wrong? TIA
              Originally posted by legtu View Post
              here's a trick on how to install mapsource without needing to install training center.

-rename the mapsource installer exe to zip
              -open it and extract to a temporary subdirectory
              -once it has finished running, check if mapsource runs properly
              -let it finish the installation and you should have a fully functional mapsource

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                Hello legtu. Are you referring to mapsource upgrade version 6.13.7?
                yup.

I tried renaming the extension of that fr exe to zip and when I clicked on it to extract it ran but then it came back with an error that a ' previous version of mapsource can't be found'. I guess that is what the Training Center loads. Pls advise if that is the wrong mapsource installer file you are referring to or where I may have gone wrong? TIA
                hmmmm. when you replaced it with a zip extension, did it change icon? when viewing files in windows explorer, does it show the file extensions (eg. MapSource_6137.exe) or just the filename(eg. MapSource_6137)? if windows explorer doesn't show the file extension, you'll have to change a setting before renaming. it's found under tools->folder options, under "view" tab look for "hide extensions for know file types". un-check that option and click ok.

if you've correctly renamed the mapsource installer into a zip file, it shouldn't run/execute when you double-click on it. the file should behave just like any other zip/compressed file and you should be able to see its contents and have an option to extract. if it doesn't, you might need to use a different program in order to be able to extract the files.

Comment

IIRC: no need to rename it. it is a self-extracting file. but instead of letting it self-extract all you have to do is right click it and choose extract to (wherever) from the context menu.
                  ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Hello legtu. I followed yr instruction on 'unhiding' the file extension before renaming file fr exe to zip and it worked. I can now open Mapsource using the setup.exe file extracted fr the zip file. The only downside is I have to go thru the whole processing of accepting the license agreement and rest of set-up process before it launches. I tried clicking on the main.msi file and it ran but it didn't do anything. Pls advise if there is a way around this so I can instead have a Mapsource desktop icon that automatically launch mapsource just like what I use to have. Thanks a lot and I really appreciate all the help that you extended.
                    Originally posted by legtu View Post

-rename the mapsource installer exe to zip
                    -open it and extract to a temporary subdirectory
                    -once it has finished running, check if mapsource runs properly

Comment

Hello legtu. I followed yr instruction on 'unhiding' the file extension before renaming file fr exe to zip and it worked. I can now open Mapsource using the setup.exe file extracted fr the zip file. The only downside is I have to go thru the whole processing of accepting the license agreement and rest of set-up process before it launches. I tried clicking on the main.msi file and it ran but it didn't do anything. Pls advise if there is a way around this so I can instead have a Mapsource desktop icon that automatically launch mapsource just like what I use to have. Thanks a lot and I really appreciate all the help that you extended.
                      looks like it didn't install properly. msmain.msi or main.msi won't show anything while executing(on its first run) but it'll take a few seconds/minutes to finish its job. once it's finished, you can run setup.exe to complete the installation. it should've created the necessary start menu/desktop links after running setup.

anyway since mapsource is partially running on your system, you can rename the "upgrade" installer back to exe and you should have no problems running any of the mapsource installer on your system. just do a regular mapsource install, that should fix the issues that your encountering.

@B2Bomber
                      afaik that would depend on the program that you're using to handle compressed archives. the default archive handler of xp along with other programs don't try to recognize self-extracting archives, hence no option to extract unless you rename it.

Comment

oh ok. i was under the assumption they'd have 7zip (at the least) or winzip, winrar, etc.. :-P

Comment

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 765 that my PC (running Windows 7) can't seem to recognize. My Macbook (running OS 10.4.11) can though. Questions please - is there a way of loading the Philippine basic map to my Nuvi 765 through the Mac?

Any thoughts why my PC won't even detect my Nuvi? Not even as an external drive?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                            Questions please - is there a way of loading the Philippine basic map to my Nuvi 765 through the Mac?
                            check out this thread with regards to the roadguide ph map and mac's.

Comment

Maraming Salamat sa Free Maps!

Napakadali intindihin ng instructions on how to download. Malaking tulong po ito sa mga Pilipino -- motorista man o hindi. Salamat po!

Comment

Originally posted by menchi543 View Post
                                Napakadali intindihin ng instructions on how to download. Malaking tulong po ito sa mga Pilipino -- motorista man o hindi. Salamat po!
                                Welcome to Rodguide menchi543! Thanks a lot for your comment and we would appreciate it much if you post in English next time as we do have members who cannot understand nor speak the our language and we don't want to alienate them in the discussions.

Comment

Working...
                                X