This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Roadguide map still available?

It seems that the link to the free map posted in 2008 is no longer valid. I tried it several times but to no avail. Has this been updated?

Comment

Maybe its time for you to upgrade to Basecamp?

Try it from here

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/basecamp

Comment

Subscribing

Comment

Garmin 285WT

Hi im currently new here how to load maps on my garmin 285wt?

Comment

Go to this and it will guide you on what to load onto your computer and then about connecting to your Garmin and loading maps.

https://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdis...hp?77-Basecamp

Good luck

John

Comment

currently downloading

hello everyone, i'm new here and currectly downloading the links

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to Roadguide

May I suggest you download Basecamp, it is easie to user, but most important, it has replaced mapsource as the main PC program.

We look forward to your submissions, and wish you a long life with us.

John

Comment

h

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  the best way is...
                  you need mapsource to transfer the map to your unit.
                  you have to download mapsource first
                  hello

Comment

Mapsource is redundant

Mapsource is an old program which is now unsupported by Garmin, also the newer GPS units cannot connect to it.

Basecamp is an newer and fully supported program, which will connect and update etc the same as mapsource, and is easier to use.

I suggest those of you who new to GPS to use Basecamp, there is a listing in the forum on how to install and use it.

Download Basecamp, then instal the "RG Demomap" its all free, if you are a registered member, you can then install the latest map. The drivers for you GPS will install automatically once you connect it to your pc.

Any problems feel free to ask, and we will guide and help you.

John

Comment

I used this thread to download the RoadGuide.ph map

Thanks to this thread I successfully downloaded the Philippine map and open it using Garmin BaseCamp. I also installed the map to my Garmin 265WT.

Comment

Good, your now well on your way to enjoying the joys of belonging to a great team on RG Philippines.

Enjoy and submit your new data

John

Comment

Thanks! Installed free map to basecamp.

Thank you sir for the instructions and threads. I'm new here and just trying to learn to use the nuvi 50 my sister gave me. Got the free map installed thru basecamp. I will try to learn more and hopefully contribute. Regards!

Comment

Mapsource error

I have installed Mapsource v 6.15.7 and training center plus Roadmap v2. When I run mapsource I get an error "There is a problem in PC basemap v2 installation, Please re-install PC basemap v2 and start mapsource again". Can you let me know what I have done wrong and what can I do. I have an IE 11

Comment

I suggest you uninstall mapsource and install Basecamp. Mapsource is now unsupported and redundant. The link is now on the top left of the Forum page under Common downloads.

John

Comment

Thanks for this info im newbie

Comment

Working...
                                X