help ... need the WGS84 map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help ... need the WGS84 map

i need help. i was tinkering with my dinosaur -- the garmin gps III plus -- and i accidentally deleted the WGS84 map

does anyone have a copy of this that i can install in my dinosaur?

Originally posted by iceColdgin View Post
    i need help. i was tinkering with my dinosaur -- the garmin gps III plus -- and i accidentally deleted the WGS84 map

does anyone have a copy of this that i can install in my dinosaur?

What wgs84 map? The built-in basemap? If so, that's a world map and i think that can't be deleted. Try installing a map tile of the standard map, and only those areas where you will be using your GPS... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      What wgs84 map? The built-in basemap? If so, that's a world map and i think that can't be deleted. Try installing a map tile of the standard map, and only those areas where you will be using your GPS... HTH
      its an add on map that i was able to download before to my mapsource then transfer to my gps III plus. i was able to download the specific maps for the philippines. file size was pretty small so it fitted my gps III plus' measly 1.4mb of on board memory (dinosaur talaga )

although it had no street maps, the provincial roads were pretty accurate (without the slex, nlex, sctex and star toll ways of course) and still very much useful for out of town trips

Comment

its an add on map that i was able to download before to my mapsource then transfer to my gps III plus. i was able to download the specific maps for the philippines. file size was pretty small so it fitted my gps III plus' measly 1.4mb of on board memory (dinosaur talaga )

although it had no street maps, the provincial roads were pretty accurate (without the slex, nlex, sctex and star toll ways of course) and still very much useful for out of town trips

that map should also be from prehistoric age otherwise borgie will know about it.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hmmm... never heard of an add-on map for Garmin. But the basemaps we had for our old Etrex and 76S already had national highways, albeit not as detailed nor as accurate. Haven't also used said old GPS in Manila so i can't say if the map for Luzon is better than those for the Visayas. Anyways, where are you at btw? If you're not in Metro Manila, methinks the other map tiles of the standard map won't eat up your 1.4MB...

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
          that map should also be from prehistoric age otherwise borgie will know about it.
          ... maybe it's one of those early versions of OSM Phils? You can try to go this route if left with no other choice...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            Hmmm... never heard of an add-on map for Garmin. But the basemaps we had for our old Etrex and 76S already had national highways, albeit not as detailed nor as accurate. Haven't also used said old GPS in Manila so i can't say if the map for Luzon is better than those for the Visayas. Anyways, where are you at btw? If you're not in Metro Manila, methinks the other map tiles of the standard map won't eat up your 1.4MB...

... maybe it's one of those early versions of OSM Phils? You can try to go this route if left with no other choice...
            its the standard non routable garmin world map.
            some creative googling will turn it up

but if you can load that, you probably can load 5.08 as well
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

i used to have this map loaded on my gps III plus until it got erased

it did not eat up too much memory as it was only about 1.2mb in size. tired searching the internet for this add on map for my garmin but so far no success

the problem with my dinosaur now is that it only has 1.4mb of memory so i can't really load the philippine routable map in its entirety

the good news though is that i can load portions of the map. right now i have the south ncr map loaded

Comment

try this nalang

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  thanks. this is very helpful

although the map i lost had both main and secondary roads (but no street map for the cities), the above map is better than nothing at all

Comment

thanks. this is very helpful

although the map i lost had both main and secondary roads (but no street map for the cities), the above map is better than nothing at all

you might want to zoom in

Comment

you might want to zoom in
                      got it. thanks a lot

Comment

got it. thanks a lot
                        how to use:

in mapsource select this map with the send to device tool
                        go to phil routable mapset
                        and add tiles till you reach your 1.4mb

Comment

how to use:

in mapsource select this map with the send to device tool
                          go to phil routable mapset
                          and add tiles till you reach your 1.4mb
                          yep, i did that. currently i have the NCR south routable map and the philippine main maps loaded. all in all, it's 1.2MB. will just upload the different specific street maps depending on where i will go, or will be

anyway, i am excited on my upcoming nuvi 205W and on being a contributor

Comment

Working...
                          X