my scooter now installed with Nuvi 760. Ready to hit the back roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
    Thanks for reviewing and the suggestion, pokz.
    from sucat to alabang, take east service road instead of ilaya. ilaya is narrow and crowded.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
      can nuvi 760 withstand those bumps and vibrations.
      I am not sure. But i know that garmin has some product line that are intended for bikes. maybe they more vibration proof. Just not sure.
      Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
        can nuvi 760 withstand those bumps and vibrations.
        It depends on your mounting design. Important is there must be shock absorber between the unit and the mount or between the mount and the fixing base. I am sure that any unit will give way if there is no enough shock absorber in the mounting. Normally a thick rubber will do.
        See FAQ for Newbies below
        Click Here

Comment

May mapatandaan lang sa harapan mo hilain yan tapos tatakbuhin hehe

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
            May mapatandaan lang sa harapan mo hilain yan tapos tatakbuhin hehe
            please use english kuya...
            thanks
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Inspired by sir Beerboy, I have gotten hold of myself a scooter (for now) and installed a Nuvi 760 + an external power supply. I am excited to do a road trip this coming Holy Week. First stop maybe around Mindoro Island since most of the roads are un mapped.

The unit looks very exposed though and is prone to "hablot" (snatch). So i am thinking to put the unit first in its compartment while in the metro, then once im out of the city, thats the time i could put it in its craddle.

Thanks!
              Almost 3 years ago, I have started to fascinate myself with motorcycles. So I got myself a Yamaha Mio as a starter. From that time till now, I have been fortunate to collect 4 bikes (2 scoots, a motard and a sports tourer). All bikes
              have been equipped with my ever trusted Garmin Nuvi 760. From being bare, now it is in a Givi GPS holder which is shock and waterproof. It also has a mount that somehow dissipates vibration

Comment

Next bike GS1200

and wishing

Comment

Almost 3 years ago, I have started to fascinate myself with motorcycles. So I got myself a Yamaha Mio as a starter. From that time till now, I have been fortunate to collect 4 bikes (2 scoots, a motard and a sports tourer). All bikes
                  have been equipped with my ever trusted Garmin Nuvi 760. From being bare, now it is in a Givi GPS holder which is shock and waterproof. It also has a mount that somehow dissipates vibration

nice! have you tried the RAM mounts for your bikes?
                  *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Next bike GS1200

and wishing
                    Sir rave, may i ask if that mount and waterproof holder are sold as one set or are they sold separately? are they available at motoworld sir?

Comment

Working...
                    X