Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do, thanks sir Borgie. But, would a 1 sec. setting generate unnecessary bread crumbs specially when I stop by to a certain point for just a few minutes? Would distance be better like 5 to 10 meters? Or may be depends on the speed of my movement?

Comment

Originally posted by luciferlove View Post
      Will do, thanks sir Borgie. But, would a 1 sec. setting generate unnecessary bread crumbs specially when I stop by to a certain point for just a few minutes? Would distance be better like 5 to 10 meters? Or may be depends on the speed of my movement?
      Yes it would. What i do is i turn off the satellites (in the satellite page and NOT turn off the gps device) when i think i'll be stationary for more than 3 mins. When i'm ready to move i just turn satellites on again. This will eliminate those wandering tracks. Setting distance to 5 or 10 meters causes you to lose an accurate depiction of a curve if you pass by one (curve will be jagged). It will also not eliminate the wandering tracks...

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot for the info. It seems, I need to program myself too, to not forget to turn off sat navigation, I'll try my best to share an acceptable POIs/waypoints to the maps. Besides, I could clean/edit them up in mapsource in case i got wandering tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          ahhh... so you'll always be bringing the 60CSx with you so wifey will be able to download your tracks later and know where you've been too at any given time, hehe j/k
          only if she's with me kuya....will turn it off when im travelling alone.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMorrison View Post
            That would be great - where do you get them?
            hehe
            its just a matter of convincing...."record wps or else we might crash into something"....

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              OT: ehem... thats the problem with good looking people
              no comment na...too much OT na.

Comment

Originally posted by luciferlove View Post
                Besides, I could clean/edit them up in mapsource in case i got wandering tracks?
                Yes you can and it is encouraged that tracks be straightened out and cleaned of unnecessary lines before it is uploaded. A good method also is to just draw over the tracks using the mapsource draw tool so you get cleaner/straighter lines and better looking curves. It takes longer to edit cut/paste/delete/extend/connect tracks... HTH

Comment

Yes you can and it is encouraged that tracks be straightened out and cleaned of unnecessary lines before it is uploaded. A good method also is to just draw over the tracks using the mapsource draw tool so you get cleaner/straighter lines and better looking curves. It takes longer to edit cut/paste/delete/extend/connect tracks... HTH

Nice avatar koya...very relevant...

Comment

nice avatar nga koya b....i got the message, pretty boy.

Comment

nice avatar kuya bai borge. PINGGER LICKING GOOD!!!
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                        Nice avatar koya...very relevant...
                        Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                        nice avatar nga koya b....i got the message, pretty boy.
                        Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        nice avatar kuya bai borge. PINGGER LICKING GOOD!!!

From Michael Marley http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxin...screams-coward

"Finally, I do not believe Mayweather to be a chicken. I see him more as a capon or as a duck, yeah that's it a bloody duck.

You must admit, KFC meaning Kentucky Floyd Chicken is some amusing pollo."

hahahahahahahaaa...

Comment

Finding Street Names

How do I find a specific street name in 60CSx?

Comment

In your 60 Csx, go to Find>>>Address>>Enter City>>>Enter Number>>>Enter street name>> press enter You can now view the actual street However if you input only the street name it will not be found (No match) You must input the city, number, street name.

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                              In your 60 Csx, go to Find>>>Address>>Enter City>>>Enter Number>>>Enter street name>> press enter You can now view the actual street However if you input only the street name it will not be found (No match) You must input the city, number, street name.
                              If i might add: if you don't know the street number, just try entering any two or three digit number. But doing a street search might not give you an accurate result (or a result that's near to what you're looking for) if it's a long street. If you know a crossing street, it would be more accurate to search for intersections nearest to the address you're looking for... HTH

Comment

Thank you sirs for the help. I finally figured out what the problem was... I did not install the roadguid.exe -so the "Find Places" button in Mapsource was greyed out and maybe that is why I can't do a search in my 60csx.
                                Everything's okay now.

Comment

Working...
                                X