Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a garmin gpsmap60cx, can i used may nuvi 1250 car power adaptor to power up the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by joojo View Post
      i have a garmin gpsmap60cx, can i used may nuvi 1250 car power adaptor to power up the unit?
      I doubt it. Am leaning towards NO.

Edit: I stand corrected.
      Last edited by bushido; 06-10-2010, 10:39.

Comment

Originally posted by joojo View Post
        I have a 60CSx and a Nuvi 500. Both get power through a mini USB connection. I use the Nuvi 500 car power adapter on the 60CSx without any problems.
        Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
          I have a 60CSx and a Nuvi 500. Both get power through a mini USB connection. I use the Nuvi 500 car power adapter on the 60CSx without any problems.
          ok, thanks for the info.

Comment

Good day to all.
            I need some help. Im a newbie here and want to know how to unlock a map in my GPS 60CSx. i successfully tranfers a gmapsupp.img in my 60 but it prompt me that it cant unlock the map which i put in.
            Any help please.

Comment

Originally posted by japoy24 View Post
              Good day to all.
              I need some help. Im a newbie here and want to know how to unlock a map in my GPS 60CSx. i successfully tranfers a gmapsupp.img in my 60 but it prompt me that it cant unlock the map which i put in.
              Any help please.

good day japoy,

we have 2 maps here...
              standard map is unlock while the contributor map is locked

how to get the contributors map?
              comtribute data
              how to contribute data? here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

good day and God Bless
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thank you sir hbt.
                I have an idea now on how to put a map in my gps.
                Thanks a lot.

God bless!

Comment

Note: I posted this reply in this thread http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....&postcount=111 but methinks this would also be useful here...

Originally posted by joshuap View Post
                  I find it difficult to see what's lacking if these tracks do not make it to the next map version because the recorded tracks cannot be uploaded back into the GPS, thus I have no way of knowing if the street I might come across with is already recorded. (BTW, is there a way of doing this?)
                  Hi joshuap! Yes there's a way. A track can be uploaded back to your GPS (as long as it's a handheld like the Etrex or the GPSMap series). I've posted a short description here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....54&postcount=3 (don't mind the taglish as this was posted before the taglish rule was implemented ). Anyways, here's what you need to do:

1. Open your tracks in mapsource.
                  2. Select those tracks that you want to send back to your GPSr.
                  3. Edit your selected tracks by deleting all unnecessary tracks
                  4. Rename your tracks for easy recall in the GPSr.
                  5. For each track be sure that the number of points does not exceed 500 (max limit of the GPSr saved track). If more than 500 pts., check the properties (select track/right click track properties/filter) then select filter by 500 pts. This will truncate the track so the number of pts will not exceed 500.
                  6. Be sure that number of saved tracks will not be more than 20.
                  7. Connect GPSr to mapsource then click send to device/check tracks. The sent tracks will show in your GPSr as saved tracks and will appear in the map page as well.

... HTH
                  Last edited by Borgie; 06-28-2010, 16:10. Reason: copied post

Comment

Hi to all,

Can I use the cigarette lighter charger for nuvi 285wt to 60csx? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by eccm View Post
                      Hi to all,

Can I use the cigarette lighter charger for nuvi 285wt to 60csx? Thanks...
                      Yes. I use my Nuvi 500 cigarette lighter charger to power my 60 Csx without any problems. USB-supplied power is pretty universal.
                      Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post

Yes. I use my Nuvi 500 cigarette lighter charger to power my 60 Csx without any problems. USB-supplied power is pretty universal.
                        Ok thank you for the information.

Comment

Hello!

I would like to check if anyone knows if you can upload 2 maps in Garmin 60CSx or 76CSx? Like for example gmapsupp1.img and gmapsupp.img?

Also anyone had problems with their MicroSD card not locking in place?

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Hi kuya Arvin. I think I tried this before when my 60CSx was new (more than 2 yrs ago) and no can do. If you don't want to combine multiple maps in 1 gmapsupp file, the next best thing is to buy multiple micro SD cards (they're getting cheaper esp. 1GB) and load the maps there, then just swap micro SDs as the need arises.

BTw, have you joined this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSMap_60Cx_60CSx/? Lots of info and useful tips about our toys here. Also pls check out this link http://www.asiteaboutnothing.net/g_60csx.html.

What do you mean by MicroSD card not locking in place? Maybe the card was not properly slid in place in it's slot? Another thing to note is that the GPSMap series does not like other files or folders in the MicroSD except for the .img file and the back-up gpx files. I've experienced before the unit hanging and shutting down by itself because of this, so best to delete all the other files except for the above-mentioned... HTH

Comment

Thanks Kuya Borgie for the tips. Okay understood that cannot use multiple img files for the 60csx.

About the MicroSD, I meant that it the microSD card literally won't stay inside in locked position in the slot. When I push it, it just springs back out, I had to push it in all the time before the unit recognizes it. I tried another microSD, same thing, so there is a problem with the "locking" mechanism of the microSD slot I just lodged it in place though.

Noted that other files should not be in MicroSD, actually I have experienced the same with my Nuvi 1350 and microSD too.

TTFN
                              ARvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                                About the MicroSD, I meant that it the microSD card literally won't stay inside in locked position in the slot. When I push it, it just springs back out, I had to push it in all the time before the unit recognizes it. I tried another microSD, same thing, so there is a problem with the "locking" mechanism of the microSD slot I just lodged it in place though.
                                In my 60CSx, after inserting the card in the slot, I need to swing down/push it in forward, then slide it in rearwards to lock it in place...

Comment

Working...
                                X