Manila to Cebu tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manila to Cebu tracks

Few tracks were lost near Romblon, wondering also some tracks are far apart (lost signal maybe)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
    Few tracks were lost near Romblon, wondering also some tracks are far apart (lost signal maybe)
    Did you use the 60CSx? I experienced lost/cut tracks too but only a few, maybe when i moved the gps away from the window. Tracks that are far apart means that you lost the satellites for a while before regaining them. Did you do it patago (hidden)? I did...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Did you use the 60CSx? I experienced lost/cut tracks too but only a few, maybe when i moved the gps away from the window. Tracks that are far apart means that you lost the satellites for a while before regaining them. Did you do it patago (hidden)? I did...
      Yes 60 csx, It was placed in my shirt pocket which the antenna protrudes but eventually I was tempted to come out in the open just to see the speed and the map. I have set it to 80km setting (your tip ) but seems cannot see various islands. Then have to put it back in orig location as I'm afraid the tracks will got lost. My Cgy to Mla tracks were perfect but my Cbu to Cgy were not. According to Hbt he experience also lost tracks(w/ Nuvi) when the plane was banking.

Comment

Yes 60 csx, It was placed in my shirt pocket which the antenna protrudes but eventually I was tempted to come out in the open just to see the speed and the map. I have set it to 80km setting (your tip ) but seems cannot see various islands. Then have to put it back in orig location as I'm afraid the tracks will got lost. My Cgy to Mla tracks were perfect but my Cbu to Cgy were not. According to Hbt he experience also lost tracks(w/ Nuvi) when the plane was banking.
        Just want to share my experience.

I've tried several times logging tracks on the airplane and the best position of the GPS (Etrex) is under the jacket's sleeve just below the shoulder. In this position the gps is directly facing the window and without obstruction. There the signal is guaranteed to be strong and continous. My suggestion is to make a secret pocket underneath the sleeve and be make use that the battery is new or fully charged before boarding the plane in preparation for long trips like Mla-Singapore. Set up the timing with a distance of 500 meters or depending on your unit's track log capacity.
        See FAQ for Newbies below
        Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
          Just want to share my experience.

I've tried several times logging tracks on the airplane and the best position of the GPS (Etrex) is under the jacket's sleeve just below the shoulder. In this position the gps is directly facing the window and without obstruction. There the signal is guaranteed to be strong and continous. My suggestion is to make a secret pocket underneath the sleeve and be make use that the battery is new or fully charged before boarding the plane in preparation for long trips like Mla-Singapore. Set up the timing with a distance of 500 meters or depending on your unit's track log capacity.
          Nice tip . This might work well with the Etrex since it's smaller but the 60CSx might bulk up the sleeve pocket somewhat. My 60CSx was in it's pouch (not OEM, but modified to fit and other people won't know that there's a gps inside, they think you have a very old cellphone ) and just held it in my hand so it's near the window. From time to time i do take peeks to see where we're at...

I have set it to 80km setting (your tip ) but seems cannot see various islands. Then have to put it back in orig location as I'm afraid the tracks will got lost. My Cgy to Mla tracks were perfect but my Cbu to Cgy were not. According to Hbt he experience also lost tracks(w/ Nuvi) when the plane was banking.
          When i suggested 80km, that's the maximum zoom out level before the map reverts to "north up" setting instead of "track up". So you need to zoom out up to 80km for you to see the islands and at the same time, still be oriented properly (track up). I don't think track is lost when banking bec. my banking tracks we're all there (smooth curves ). It was the straight line tracks that were cut. I'll look for it and upload it here later so you can see...

Comment

When i suggested 80km, that's the maximum zoom out level before the map reverts to "north up" setting instead of "track up". So you need to zoom out up to 80km for you to see the islands and at the same time, still be oriented properly (track up). I don't think track is lost when banking bec. my banking tracks we're all there (smooth curves ). It was the straight line tracks that were cut. I'll look for it and upload it here later so you can see... [/QUOTE]

How about those "cutting corner tracks" any idea? The leg speed and leg length varies drastically. However we cannot really rely in this gps for air mode as it was not design for it.
            Attached Files

Comment

How about those "cutting corner tracks" any idea? The leg speed and leg length varies drastically. However we cannot really rely in this gps for air mode as it was not design for it.

I've experienced that too... check out my air tracks using the 60CSx...
              Attached Files

Comment

hmmmm...
                kuya jspalaroans track seems to shift to another lane
                kuya borgies track makes a sudden right

both seems to have a break

why?
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  hmmmm...
                  kuya jspalaroans track seems to shift to another lane
                  kuya borgies track makes a sudden right

both seems to have a break

why?
                  are you saying that they did not go straight to destination and went to detour somewhere else?
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                    are you saying that they did not go straight to destination and went to detour somewhere else?

maybe they stop on midair to have a coffee break.
                    but kidding aside, did you guys lose sat. lock? (went to the resroom or does 60csx have a timer when recording tracks)
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Amazing!!! 870 km/hr!!!! Wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
                        Amazing!!! 870 km/hr!!!! Wow!!!
                        That speed is the ground speed relative to the ground and does not indicate I think the true air speed of the aircraft.

Comment

on the manila-cebu track,

just want to share that this is the IPATA departure as the pilot calls it, passing over MASBA (former MBT VOR) then proceeding to BATAY for the BTY Arrival for Approach of runway 04 of Mactan Airport.

-frustrated pilot
                          ER Nurse
                          Rest but don't Quit

Comment

Working...
                          X