X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manila to Singapore

route of manila to singapore and going to port klang
    Last edited by hbt; 12-28-2009, 20:37.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

GPS in planes

Great tracks, it amazes me how well GPS works at the window of a commercial plane.
    Happiness is a blank screen with only the little pointer and a tail comimg out the back!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMorrison View Post
      Great tracks, it amazes me how well GPS works at the window of a commercial plane.
      actually dave, i lost some tracks while the plane was turning on the runway. hehehe
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        actually dave, i lost some tracks while the plane was turning on the runway. hehehe
        Nice tracks! Of your 3 devices, what did you use? I've experienced losing some tracks too with my 60csx sitting beside a window on a commercial flight, with the gps between 1-2 ft from the window & hidden from view whenever a flight stewardess is near. Nice thing about it is you can zoom in an see what towns you are passing thru... Thanks for sharing pare.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Nice tracks! Of your 3 devices, what did you use? I've experienced losing some tracks too with my 60csx sitting beside a window on a commercial flight, with the gps between 1-2 ft from the window & hidden from view whenever a flight stewardess is near. Nice thing about it is you can zoom in an see what towns you are passing thru... Thanks for sharing pare.

the reason you lost the lock on sat is because your looking at the stewardess. :sly:hahahaha
          - Bruce Lee

Comment

You speaking from experience? Ha ha ha... Btw what device did you use?

Comment

You speaking from experience? Ha ha ha... Btw what device did you use?
              my 205 kuya borge
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                my 205 kuya borge
                Thanks kuya hbt... So you cannot record tracks with the nuvifone?

Comment

Thanks kuya hbt... So you cannot record tracks with the nuvifone?

still finding the hidden feature. maybe if i mount it on the car mount(haven't tried it yet)
                  coz when you mount it pededetrian mode turns to automobile mode automatically
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

re gps on the plane

hi guys. i will be flying to singapore this coming may 19 and im planning to bring my unit with me. i just would like to know if u guy have encountered some inconveniences while having the gps unit hand carried by you. dont they put so much questions as to the device? i know that gps are recievers and wont interfere with the flight communications but dont the stewardess insist on turning of any electronic devices on board?

tia

sam

Comment

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
                      hi guys. i will be flying to singapore this coming may 19 and im planning to bring my unit with me. i just would like to know if u guy have encountered some inconveniences while having the gps unit hand carried by you. dont they put so much questions as to the device? i know that gps are recievers and wont interfere with the flight communications but dont the stewardess insist on turning of any electronic devices on board?

tia

sam

i did it twice already and they didnt question me but just to be on the safe side, i put it in the belt bag then hang it across my shoulder with the unit protruding a little
                      - Bruce Lee

Comment

copy that hbt. thanks for your piece of advice. i'm just afraid of..what if they wont allow you to bring it on board and you dont have anyone to leave your unit behind. goodbye gps.. it's ok if is just a lighter. hehehe

Comment

tia

sam

i did bring my 2 Nuvis when we went to Singapore last January... no problem whatsoever... the FA even saw it and didn't even bother asking me to turn it off.

Comment

copy that hbt. thanks for your piece of advice. i'm just afraid of..what if they wont allow you to bring it on board and you dont have anyone to leave your unit behind. goodbye gps.. it's ok if is just a lighter. hehehe

dont worry about leaving things behind. once, i put a 2 way radio inside my hand carry, they wont let me bring it along. so what they did was issuue me a claim ticket to be claimed upon reaching destination at the baggage area.
                            i think they let the stewardes hold on to it
                            - Bruce Lee

Comment

tia

sam
                              Hi sam,

Not all FA will be lenient to you. If you are planning to log your flight, take a window seat and put your gps somewhere near your sleeve facing the window to ensure a continuous good reception. Make an improvise pocket on your jacket sleeve facing the window.

While in Singapore, on board the city train except the subway, switch on your GPS 5 minutes before you board the train otherwise you will have difficulty in locking with sattelite once the train move because of high rise buildings, trees and tunnels and the train high speed.
                              See FAQ for Newbies below
                              Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X