No announcement yet.

Installing map from a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was there something done to 1.11 so as not to be able to convert the contributor's map? I haven't been able to open mine yet in windows, but i had no problem converting 1.10 contributor's version.

Comment

Originally posted by swissknife View Post
      was there something done to 1.11 so as not to be able to convert the contributor's map? I haven't been able to open mine yet in windows, but i had no problem converting 1.10 contributor's version.
      not that i am aware of no
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't sure in my earlier post. Had to try it out myself to be sure.

Originally posted by johnterry View Post
        Why can't I convert my unlock version of Contributors map v1.11 on map converter so that I can use it on mac.

Map Converter said: Map products are locked and connot be converted at this time.

Is it possible to convert the map 1.11 for mac's roadtrip use?
        Just converted both the demo version, then the contributor's version for use in mac. I've attached a screenshot. As you can see, roadtrip and map currently used is 1.11 contributor's version.

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
        contributors map - no way.
        demo map - yes.
        if for roadtrip, demo map is enough.
        Sir, both contributor's and demo can be converted using map converter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sir, both contributor's and demo can be converted using map converter.
          great.
          i hope johnterry can figure it out also.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

sir swissknife how did you do it?

I can only convert the demo map but not the contributor's map.

Comment

Originally posted by johnterry View Post
              sir swissknife how did you do it?

I can only convert the demo map but not the contributor's map.
              Nothing special really. just followed the instructions. How did you do yours?

Comment

Nothing special too, I open map converter, then click next until the message can't convert the map because its locked...appears

Comment

this is assuming you have unlocked the map in mapsource?

I send the map to my GPS using mapsource. I find it easier than sending it in mac. Were you able to send the map to your GPS already before trying to convert using mapconverter?

Comment

Please repost the link

I followed your link below but was given an Invalid link to the post. Please resend the proper link and thank you.

No need to convert for the standard map. Another member did that for you. Just follow his instructions:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....83&postcount=9

Comment

Followed these, downloaded everything, coverted maps on pc then transfer to mac, and it worked! But not that easily. I took me the whole night to figure some things out.

At first i was getting a prompt from my garmin saying "cannot unlock maps". The fault was i was sending the maps through Mapinstall. It seemed like it was sending it. For a while i thought there was a problem with my unit. So i re-read everything and found out that i missed a step. Should've uploaded (sent to garmin) via Roadtrip and not via Mapinstall.

Eager to be a contributor soon!

Up for all mac users.

Comment

Originally posted by ehmbee View Post
                        I followed your link below but was given an Invalid link to the post. Please resend the proper link and thank you.
                        Ditto!

Comment

forget about the link posted by swissknife, the thread doesn't exists anymore.

for now, mac users have to do the 'long' method of conversion, etc...
                          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

mac gps newbie

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                            forget about the link posted by swissknife, the thread doesn't exists anymore.

for now, mac users have to do the 'long' method of conversion, etc...
                            so, to convert maps for mac sir means i need to download the map to mapsource from a windows laptop then convert it for mac , copy it to a USB and transfer it to my Mac then transfer it to my gps?

Comment

You might want to read up on this thread:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=603

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X