Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get an unlock code and contributors map. Revised January 2009.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get an unlock code and contributors map. Revised January 2009.

after you have submitted your contribution send a pm to me with your gps id in the subject of the message.
    please copy paste the link of your contribution (IF YOUR PM DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LINKS, WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO REPLY) so it can be checked

hope this is clear...

In order for your data to be considered as "upgrade worthy", it must be not yet in the map.
    For the latest version, download the demo map. If your data is not there, it's good. If it is, your tracks better be of a better resolution.

hope this is even clearer

Revision January 2009

As i am a seaman and will go back on board in the near future, i will not be able to process any unlock codes.
    Please send all your unlock requests to THE JUDGE who shall review and judge them and in due time revert with an unlock code if your data is "upgrade worthy".
    Please bear in mind that this might up to 2 weeks in a worst case scenario. Hopefully all request should be handled and taken care of within a week. Hope you all understand.

So in short: please do not pm me anymore for unlock codes as I wont be here to receive and process them. thanks for understanding
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Street Pilot 2610 Unit ID: 2262370614

Hi jan,

Great Idea! now we have a forum for contributors. I was wondering when you'll come up with the next big update on the maps.
    Last edited by John Ryan; 12-12-2008, 08:09. Reason: read the newbies forum, already covered
    Semper Fi

Comment

policy revised. pls read first post

Comment

I have two GPS units. Is the unlock code specific and tied to the unit or can I use the same contributors map to both GPS?

-Lex

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        after you have submitted your contribution send a pm to me with your gps id in the subject of the message.
        please copy paste the link of your contribution so it can be checked....
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by LGMan View Post
          I have two GPS units. Is the unlock code specific and tied to the unit or can I use the same contributors map to both GPS?

-Lex
          the code is specific to the unit, if you contribute enough you will get 2 codes.
          gotta ask nicely though

Comment

Soon enough Sir Jan. I'm just compiling them and uploading at the same time.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            the code is specific to the unit, if you contribute enough you will get 2 codes.
            gotta ask nicely though
            [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Gps id

Sir Jan,

I'm a newbie and would like to ask where I could find my GPS ID. I am using a HTC Diamond with Garmin Mobile XT on it.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello. I've had a Garmin eTrex Vista for a couple of years now. And I'm raring to contribute my waypoints, even just so much as to be of help to other GPS users here in the Philippines.

May I ask how would I know if a waypoint has already been contributed? I wouldn't want to seem redundant with my input.

Comment

Originally posted by madman View Post
                  Hello. I've had a Garmin eTrex Vista for a couple of years now. And I'm raring to contribute my waypoints, even just so much as to be of help to other GPS users here in the Philippines.

May I ask how would I know if a waypoint has already been contributed? I wouldn't want to seem redundant with my input.
                  Download mapsource and the demo map. You can then check the demo map about the existence or non-existence of a poi or track.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                    Download mapsource and the demo map. You can then check the demo map about the existence or non-existence of a poi or track.

Thanks.
                    Ahh. Okay. I apologize for my ignorance. I shall incorporate the demo map with my MapSource as soon as I can. Thanks.

Comment

Upload data using Mac

Hi sirs,

First of all thank you for the excellent work you have done spearheading this project in the Philippines. I have downloaded the demo map and find it an excellent guide for my travels. I have saved a considerable amount of waypoints on my Garmin XT (I travel to a different province every week) and would like to know how I can contribute this using an old Mac ibook.

Thanks.
                      The more you ignore me, the closer I get...

Comment

Originally posted by LR-7 View Post
                        Hi sirs,

First of all thank you for the excellent work you have done spearheading this project in the Philippines. I have downloaded the demo map and find it an excellent guide for my travels. I have saved a considerable amount of waypoints on my Garmin XT (I travel to a different province every week) and would like to know how I can contribute this using an old Mac ibook.

Thanks.
                        not 100% sure. depends (i guess) upon what version of mobilext you are using. older versions, require you to export your data from within your phone (manage data > export gpx ) which can then be imported by mapsource or similar (or just by browsing to the folder that contains the gpx file on the phone).

play with it and when you figure it out, please share the info....

Comment

please assist

hello jan. i have a garmin nuvi 200 device and it seems to be loaded with the basic map. which lot of road missing. i try downloading the mapsource. and used it trying to contribute. just to get a better map. unfortunate, i hate to admit that i am not very good in computers and stuff. is there any other way, besides need to be a contributor so i can download a better and updated maps?

Comment

Originally posted by ardy_mirador View Post
                            hello jan. i have a garmin nuvi 200 device and it seems to be loaded with the basic map. which lot of road missing. i try downloading the mapsource. and used it trying to contribute. just to get a better map. unfortunate, i hate to admit that i am not very good in computers and stuff. is there any other way, besides need to be a contributor so i can download a better and updated maps?
                            short version : no

long version: read the how to section,all will clear up and become clear. then after contributing, you get the upgraded map

Comment

Working...
                            X