Saudi Arabia map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Arabia map

Hi guys, I am staying here in Saudi Arabia and I've been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 GPS (with GCC maps) for a while and I am very happy with it.

My only concern is, it DOESN'T have a Jubail map! They said it is because of some security reason which I know is true, because we have I think the biggest if not 2nd or 3rd to the biggest Industrial area here. Now my question is, can I make my own Jubail map (personal) that I can use? And is there a very easy way to do it because am still a newbie in this GPS tech.

Originally posted by ramil_francisco View Post
    Hi guys, I am staying here in Saudi Arabia and I've been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 GPS (with GCC maps) for a while and I am very happy with it.

My only concern is, it DOESN'T have a Jubail map! They said it is because of some security reason which I know is true, because we have I think the biggest if not 2nd or 3rd to the biggest Industrial area here. Now my question is, can I make my own Jubail map (personal) that I can use? And is there a very easy way to do it because am still a newbie in this GPS tech.
    Yes you can.
    But there is no "very easy" way to do it.
    Would take some time of study, tracking, and mapping.
    Specifics? Pls consult other mapping forums.
    Sorry. Roadguide's concern is Philippine map.
    Last edited by Reiji; 10-29-2009, 23:17. Reason: addendum
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks Reiji

Comment

Hi ramil,

Please read below thread if you want to make a small mapping project.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1126

My concern is you might end up mapping Saudi Jail if you plan to do so .

You know that those saudi police are very suspicious regarding these equipment such as gps, camera, videcam, etc. especially in the Royal Commision, navy camp and other major oil fand port facilities. Not a problem may be in the city but to map those high security areas would be a suicidal act.

Anyway, good luck.

I am an ex-Saudi, particularly Jubail area.
        See FAQ for Newbies below
        Click Here

Comment

Go to any Jarir Bookstore or extra. BTW you dont need the Jubail (town) area as its a small city, and yes, security reason.

Comment

Hi Ramil,

I do have a Garmin GCC map (CN Middle East NT 2010.20) that has the Jubail area roads from the main town to Al Fanateer area, except it does not include the Industrial area and the naval base.

Comment

thanks

well thanks guys for tips, I have'nt thought about the problem that I might encounter when doing this mapping out thing. i don't want to be the CAT that got killed because of it's curiosity... thanks again and more power to Roadguide... God bless us all! MABUHAY!!!

Comment

Saudi Arabia Map

hi guys,i had the latest and more updates of GCC maps ver. CN Middle East NT 2011.10

Comment

Latest now is City Navigator Middle East & Northern Africa NT 2013.20

--ricepower
                  Al Khobar

Comment

Working...
                  X