My viliv s5 in my daily driver:

With Windows 7:

GMPC:

Comment

nRoute:

My re-rad's amplifier:

Checking my files:

Comment

Now this is what I'm talking about! Navigating in style! I love it.. The viliv s5.. the best!
        Thanks for sharing amf!

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          My viliv s5 in my daily driver:
          Wow... thanks for sharing amf... panalo talaga

Comment

Thanks guys!

Tip: If you're using a suction cup for your GPS holder, remove it once you're done navigating as it will leave an impression on your window tints if left for some period of time. Not a good sight.
            Last edited by amf; 09-01-2009, 12:30.

Comment

@amf,

Wow! Nakaka-viliv!

FWIW, I leave my suction mount on indefinitely. The only time it comes off is when I need to drive my dad's car, or if I have to park my car in the sun for more than a few minutes. Also, the suction cup is in a portion of the windshield that is of little importance to my field of view. Any marks there wouldn't be at all noticeable, inside or outside.

If I might add, it also helps to keep one of the A/C vent pointed at the general direction of the GPS as it gets hot up there, what with it charging and whenever you're stuck in traffic under the sun. I would also love to think that the Li-Ion batteries would last a bit longer if the temperature is a bit on the cool side.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                @amf,

Wow! Nakaka-viliv!

FWIW, I leave my suction mount on indefinitely. The only time it comes off is when I need to drive my dad's car, or if I have to park my car in the sun for more than a few minutes. Also, the suction cup is in a portion of the windshield that is of little importance to my field of view. Any marks there wouldn't be at all noticeable, inside or outside.

If I might add, it also helps to keep one of the A/C vent pointed at the general direction of the GPS as it gets hot up there, what with it charging and whenever you're stuck in traffic under the sun. I would also love to think that the Li-Ion batteries would last a bit longer if the temperature is a bit on the cool side.
                Isnt leaving the mount an invitation to thieves? "gadget in car" as it were... in europe they'd be in the car within minutes of you leaving it
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Yeah, aside from being a thief magnet (the holder screams: "Hey there! something expensive is/are inside this car!") as Jan stated above, the suction cups for my Nuvi and s5 are pretty strong that it leaves an impression on my car tints even after only an hour's use. It may not be noticeable when driving but a closer look will certainly reveal those circles.

I also remove the s5's battery when mounted in the car and use the car adapter to help in the battery's longevity.

I can also tether my iPhone with the s5 for a quick surf of the net using 3G.
                  Last edited by amf; 09-01-2009, 14:03.

Comment

^ Point taken. But then again, I'm always parked in a secure area and the suction cup + GPS receiver is practically invisible from the outside due to the 5-6 inches of dark tint at the top of the windshield.

But yeah, best to be careful.
                    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Yeah, aside from being a thief magnet (the holder screams: "Hey there! something expensive is/are inside this car!") as Jan stated above, the suction cups for my Nuvi and s5 are pretty strong that it leaves an impression on my car tints even after only an hour's use. It may not be noticeable when driving but a closer look will certainly reveal those circles.

I also remove the s5's battery when mounted in the car and use the car adapter to help in the battery's longevity.

I can also tether my iPhone with the s5 for a quick surf of the net using 3G.
                      Hi sir amf , re s5, can gps be turned off and cell on ? and vice versa ?
                      compare to nuvi , how would you rate the performance ? refresh rate ?

Comment

Zumo on Garmin suction mounts.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi teng.. nice pics.. thanks for sharing...
                          Originally posted by teng View Post

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                            Hi sir amf , re s5, can gps be turned off and cell on ? and vice versa ?
                            compare to nuvi , how would you rate the performance ? refresh rate ?
                            Hi!

The GPS cannot be turned on or off and there's no cellular radio in my model. About the performance (vs. the Nuvis), the s5 is a full pledge Windows machine that runs Intel's Atom Z520 CPU with 1gig of RAM and video RAM is shared up to 256mb so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

For mere navigation use though you won't notice much difference between Garmin compatible GPS devices as the performance especially screen re-draws, re-calculations are heavily dependent on the map installed. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by teng View Post
                              i for one do not believe that to be your car....
                              No snacks in sight? khit isa? kuya, you disappoint me
                              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi!

The GPS cannot be turned on or off and there's no cellular radio in my model. About the performance (vs. the Nuvis), the s5 is a full pledge Windows machine that runs Intel's Atom Z520 CPU with 1gig of RAM and video RAM is shared up to 256mb so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

For mere navigation use though you won't notice much difference between Garmin compatible GPS devices as the performance especially screen re-draws, re-calculations are heavily dependent on the map installed. Thanks!
                                Thanks for the info !

Comment

Working...
                                X