Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie MTBiker (Map Help)

Hello,

I just recently bought a new Garmin eTrex Venture HC. I wanted to know how or where can I download more detailed Philippine maps for it.

Hope you could help me.

Thanks a lot, God Bless!

Sincerely,
    iam3739

Originally posted by iam3739 View Post
    Hello,

I just recently bought a new Garmin eTrex Venture HC. I wanted to know how or where can I download more detailed Philippine maps for it.

Hope you could help me.

Thanks a lot, God Bless!

Sincerely,
    iam3739
    http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

Comment

Hello Pokz,

I need thy help...

First off, I work on a Mac. Garmin's software with Mac sucks. Something I can't be happy of the so-called leader in GPS device. I tried using XP with two of my existing hardware. Yet they still fail to do so.

I have the 6.13.7 version of Mapsource. MapInstall on Mac's.
      I downloaded the JKLink 'free' version your wonderful map here at RoadGuide. I wanted to install it to my newly purchased Garmin eTrex Venture HC just to have the major streets appear.

But my problems seemed that this map isn't available for viewing on Mapsource. It is an executable file right? Whenever it tries to install and extract, an error occurs. The warning comes from the Registry Editor box saying that "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator"

Problem is, I am the admin. Two of my computers running XP act the same way.

Any alternatives?

Sincerely,
      iam3739

Comment

But my problems seemed that this map isn't available for viewing on Mapsource. It is an executable file right? Whenever it tries to install and extract, an error occurs. The warning comes from the Registry Editor box saying that "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator"

Problem is, I am the admin. Two of my computers running XP act the same way.

Any alternatives?

Sincerely,
        iam3739
        Hi iam3739. Most likely your system is infected and a virus has disabled writing to your registry. Please try to google that problem... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Hi iam3739. Most likely your system is infected and a virus has disabled writing to your registry. Please try to google that problem... HTH
          Hello Sir, finally installed it.

Somehow, I was overwhelmed with all the POI.
          I have a very small screen and would like to add just the streets and highways. Is there any possible way I could unload the POI's?

Thanks.

Comment

I have a very small screen and would like to add just the streets and highways. Is there any possible way I could unload the POI's?

Thanks.

from mapsource, click the map detail setting and select from the drop down
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks.
              you can't remove the POIs in mapsource. the best you can do is to reduce their size.

edit>preferences. on display tab choose symbol size and set to small. click apply for the change to take effect.

Comment

Thanks.
                Hi iam3739,

Go to the Map Page on your GPSr, choose the options menu by pressing the Menu button/key, the select Turn Declutter On. HTH
                Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                I took the one less traveled by,
                And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                X